Clubcento

Clubcento - The UK Small Fiats Club

Run by Enthusiasts FOR Enthusiasts

It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:45 am 
Clubcento Chairman

Drives: Cinquecento
dcl5ad wrote:
Are you going to the Penderyn factory? Their whiskey is a personal favorite. hic!

Have a great time. I need an extra 50 weekends in a year - everything's booked up.

Oh yes that's the fella, it is lovely stuff, hence why I booked the tour. I've tasted three of their casks and loved them all

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:15 pm 
Advanced

Drives: Cinquecento x2 & Bravo
Ruth, Digger and yours truly should be there mid afternoon looking forward to catching up and sinking a few pints 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:30 pm 
Clubcento President

We should be there about 4 - 5pm, as you say Rob, looking forward to a get together and FOUR DAYS off work !

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:39 pm 
Clubcento Chairman

Aye four days off YESSS! Safe journey to all, see you tomorrow. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:24 am 
Membership secretary

Drives: Cinquecento Abarth 1242
Have an ace weekend everyone. Looking forward to seeing some pics when you return. :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:17 am 
Clubcento Chairman

Didn't get home till gone 6.30 last night with set off time of 11.15, 45 mins earlier than I had intended to set off.

Broke down on A1(M) south of Weatherby but managed to get off at junction and get well off the road, up a cycle path!!

It's a good job Jenny (my sister) was following me as it was her who alerted me to the fact the car was peeing water - she was flashing her lights at me and when I looked in my rear view mirror I could see water droplets on the rear screen. I looked at my temp guage which was rising rapidly so knew there was something very wrong. Luckily it happened only a few miles from the next junction was was able to continue until then and safely pull in off the motorway - thank god as it was so busy I wouldn't like to have been stuck on the hard shoulder.

I assumed it was the leaking radiator that had just gone but when I looked it was bone dry - it was the hose at the back that goes into the heater matrix that had gone, only on the join though.

AA called out, new joining pipe, system topped up and bled, test run up the A168 - all's good - continued on. Temp hadn't got into the red by about 1mm but at least it didn't overheat properly otherwise I think it may have been a different story.

Alls well that ends well anyway and funnily enough, my radiator has stopped dripping!! Maybe the excess heat has wealded the flange together lol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:27 pm 
General Secretary

Location: Bristol Fleet: 1996 Cinqy Turbo, 2010 500 Sport, MEV Exocet (mid-build)
Drives: Fast
Oh no Em!! Glad it was so easily sorted though, did you have wait long for the recovery people?

Similar thing happened in my yellow one a few years ago, a pipe join blew near the + shaped 4-way in front of the soundproofing. It all happened within the space of about 15 seconds.....I noticed a funny smell, looked down and the temp gauge was rocketing, quickly pulled over and as I shut the engine off the cloud of steam errupted from the scuttle. My heart absolutely sank; it looked a lot worse than it turned out to be! :what:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:03 pm 
Clubcento Chairman

Didn't have to wait too long, just over half hour so not bad.

Rad still isn't dripping!!! woohoo

Mind you my stereo has gone all quiet now as it lost all its settings - AA man unplugged something by accident so clock zeroed out and stereo went to demo mode - need to sort that and all will be well.

Over 700 miles over the long weekend 8) I love my Cinquecento!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2