Clubcento - The UK Small Fiats Club

Run by Enthusiasts FOR Enthusiasts

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:26 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:11 pm 
Clubcento Member

Drives: Mini
As the title says

Mallory Park, on of my personal favourite circuits is under threat.

Please sign the e-petition https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/46739

Rob

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:48 pm 
Membership secretary

Drives: Cinquecento Abarth 1242
Bit late on this one i think Rob :(

I singed the petetion about 6 months ago

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110246

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:53 pm 
Clubcento Member

Drives: Mini
lee wrote:
Bit late on this one i think Rob :(

I singed the petetion about 6 months ago

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110246

Only posted up because they were put into administration in the last couple of days http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=28548

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:46 pm 
Membership secretary

Couldnt believe it had got to that, just shows how tough times are still. :(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:55 pm 
Membership secretary

Post from majortom on Pistonheads, a local recident and previous supporter of Mallory Park.

majortom wrote:
Hi all I posted this in March this year to put the residents side forward - we have all taken a kicking from many of you out there so can you all please take the time to read and digest - it is NOT all as MPML like you all to believe. There were many many breaches of the notice last year and previous years, the fact is, that HBBC decided to take five as a sample that happened to be Saturday use. What has transpired since is that BARC/MPML were found guilty of these breaches and it is clear that BARC understood what the real version of the notice meant. They seem to emphasise that they have only 92 days per year of usage when in fact they have 5 days per week. The landlord it transpires charge them an extortionate amount of rent but this was also made clear when BARC signed the lease in 2005, BARC also paid £200,000 dividends to their shareholders last year..

As a log term resident of Kirkby Mallory I am fed up to the back teeth of all the incorrect remarks on various social networking sites most of which have been put there by probably the very ones that come to the track race the balls of their bikes and then go home to their nice quiet homes, and are not fully aware of the facts,only what is fed to them from one side of the story. I have been a suporter of Mallory Park for many years and have lived quite comfortably with it when the Overends ran it. I have listened to both sides and more recently been updated with the facts about the 85 notice and what it allows, I have read most of the derogatory and probably liable remarks on the facebook page brought to my attention by my grandson. Therefore the reason for posting this on Pistonheads is because you all seem to be more level headed than others. Because of these idiotic comments, my support for the track has diminished and quite frankly I now feel that they deserve everything they get, the management of the track have only themselves to blame for contnually breaking what is a legal notice which in its self a criminal offence. There are a few facts that I have found out that need to be voiced whether you like it or not , to give a balanced view on this whole mess.
• In 1985 a noise abatement notice was put on the track, this is because obviously there was a noise nuisance. This allows 2 noisy days a week and three quiet days, 5 working days, then it gives us residents two no use days –it has been like this for many years beofre BARC took over in 2005.
• They signed the lease for the track and if their lawyers had done the work properly they would know this was the case. If this was not viable for them they should not of taken the lease on. They may of had every intention of breaching the rules who knows, and it has now come back to bite them –again incompetence on the part of the management in by book.
• They HAVE blatantly breached this notice on countless occasions over the past couple of years - the awsome fest was the final straw for many residents it seems.
• If this was a pub, factory, or any other business continually breaking the law it would of been shut down regardless if it was making a profit or not.
• BARC it seems have two other circuits that run very effectively on less than the 85 noitce allows Mallory Park. The difference being they are not allowed as many track days there so they bring them all to Mallory Park – is it any wonder that residents get wee-wee off.
• Ironically with all the attantion lately and the full facts of the 85 notice revealed, the very operators that have set up / endorsed the mallory park supporters facebook page are the very ones that had a horrendous track day yesterday in the village on what is a No Use Saturday exept below 55db – so arogant are the management that they have alowed this to go on and stick two fingers up to the law and residents.
• It has been documented that John Ward states that the track days are money spinners, this might be true and maybe their downfall, it was said that we had 80+ track days last year. This seems to be easy money for them. Perhpas now they have to work and go and look for less noisy activity to contiue to stay vialble Croft, Thruxton and Goodwood seem to have it sorted, good business sence prevails obviously.
For this, my support over the last week or so is NO longer, it might even be that they want to close the track but are blaming the council and residents which will take the heat off them !! who knows with all the false information been fed out they are certainly not trustworthy business men – maybe a change in management would be the answer. You have to ask yourself whether all the derogatory remarks being put out on the internet by the staff of the track is proffessional, this does not bode well for BARC . To make derogatory and indeed mabe incrimidating remarks about certain residents is certainly NOT protraying a professional enterprise.
And, need we ask where is the general manager is in all this, sitting in his office making all the bullets for everyone to fire no doubt, If I remember correctly there was not even an appology after the awsome fest. Now they are acting like a spoilt child that has had his/her hands caught in the cookie jar. The meeting last Wednesday was cancelled because Mallory Park did not distribute their new proposals in time and also because of all the resentment whipped up by certain individuals on facebook with threats made to residents it was obviously sensible for all that it did not take place.
I’m sorry if this statement has offenden anyone but do your own research it is all on the internet for every one to read.
May common-sense prevail in all this and if more effort was put in to comming to an agreement than putting all this stupidity on the internet we might have an amicable solution

Some of the above comments might now be our of date but att this stage, MPML have gone into administration not BARC, Mallory Park no doubt will continue but under different management - so before further abuse towards residents shall we wait and see what happens in the next week or so - as they say every cloud has a silver lining and I am sure this will be the case.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:49 am 
Chief Engineer

Drives: Panda 100hp
Interesting to hear the other side of the story, cheers Lee.

.....make it idiot proof and someone will build a better idiot.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:24 am 
Advanced

Drives: Seicento Sporting
they need to start a Nissan Leaf series :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:58 pm 
Advanced

Drives: Schumacher
Which was built first, the track or the residences?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:12 pm 
Advanced

Drives: '64 Spitfire Le Mans
Someone like Palmer should buy it and offer them all millions to Special mummy-daddy hug off. Its a brilliant circuit to drive, hope it never ever closes.