Clubcento - The UK Small Fiats Club

Run by Enthusiasts FOR Enthusiasts

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:14 pm 
Chief Engineer

Drives: Panda 100hp
I need one of those, let me know if you find some please :D

On the subject of mixed units, how about tyres - 165/55r13 is 165mm wide on a 13" rim :lol:

.....make it idiot proof and someone will build a better idiot.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:47 pm 
Advanced

Drives: Cinquecento 899 sx
let me know about the inspection lights i rate aldi products as i brought a set of ratchet spanner two years ago and theyve seen some use and there great :) only 13 quid for a set of 8mm to 17mm

Freddo The 899 Cinquecento Sx
Crunchie the 1108 Seicento Sporting
Flake the 1108 Seicento Sx soliel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:56 am 
Advanced

Drives: Seicento sporting
I bought this kit from an online shopping site, the one where people leave reviews, never had a puncture but this kit got some great reviews. Officially its not for road vehicle use, only off road but i think that's to cover the manufacturers backside. I had been using a digital tyre pressure gauge but have to say the gauge that came with the kit is the old style and so much easier and quicker to use. Worth every penny for peace of mind. I think.

*Had to use it recently on my scooter which had a slow puncture. Tyre has maintained pressure so really pleased with it :)

Attachments:
2013-03-31 08.32.47.jpg
2013-03-31 08.32.47.jpg [ 78.27 KiB | Viewed 1269 times ]
2013-03-31 08.31.41.jpg
2013-03-31 08.31.41.jpg [ 77.21 KiB | Viewed 1269 times ]

Last edited by micsei on Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:11 am 
Advanced

Pin hole glasses.

I bought my first pc several years ago and before that had perfect eyesight and no eye bags. After buying the pc the reverse was true. Tired eyes and blurred vision!

Pin hole glasses are superb as your eyes only focus as far as the lenses and subsequently allow all information through, relaxes the eye muscles and reduces strain, so much so that if im suffering eye strain i put them on for a while and when i take them off everything is back to normal. Using them while writing this and can read anything while holding it mm from my face or further away.

I was prescribed glasses as i developed long vision (50/50) but haven't worn them for years. Also handy this time of year when strong sunlight gives me eye strain while driving etc.

Superb! I bought mine online from America for about £20 including postage.

Worth a Google at least

Attachments:
2013-05-06 10.00.32-1.jpg
2013-05-06 10.00.32-1.jpg [ 22.8 KiB | Viewed 1232 times ]

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:55 pm 
Advanced

Drives: Seicento Sporting
interesting!

though 1000 yard stare is the most relaxed for your lens muscles i think. If those pin-hole glasses have lenses you don't focus on the lens, but the lenses do part of the focusing for you, leaving your eyeball lens an easier job.

If they don't have lenses and are just holes in the black plastic then your lens needs to do they same focusing, but the volume of light energy is much lower.

Personally, on the PC i have my monitors turned down quite low, 0 brightness and 50% contrast. Sometimes with games and movies I adjust them to the eco mode which is much brighter (but was originally the dimmest setting before I changed the user mode to 0/50).

I also have profiles set up in my graphics driver if I am feeling the strain which dims everything even more, or dims with a blue tint etc. I use triple 23" screens so I really feel it when things are too bright.

You can also use blackle, which is a black version of google. Also, you can theme your browser so it is generally darker. Most webpages override this but it helps a little. Overriding the webpage colours normally causes issues with visibility of stuff. There was a movement to move to less bright (non-white) webpages to save global energy usage, but that was during the CRT reign, whereas CCFL LCD screens actually use more energy to display black. Eventually, we will get to backlight white or RGB LED LCD monitors and the black webpage thing will have some impact again, but currently most LED lit monitors are white LED edgelit so varying the LED intensity when part of a page is dark doesn't work. Backlit screens however can vary the LED intensity of part of the screen and give better blacks and save a bit of energy.

Something else I do, never go outside in daylight :)

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:03 am 
Advanced

Been looking at engine paint online (any suggestions of a good one welcome, not bbq paint though Craig :) ) and i stumbled across something called Plasti-dip. Comes in a tin or spray form and you can use it on tools, car parts, all sorts. Thought maybe if someone has done welding work or similar or underseal coming away from jacking point like my car, could help seal it up again. Looked on YouTube and some guy even sprayed it on his exhaust tail pipe and its been fine for a year. I might buy a can and see what its like.