Clubcento

Clubcento - The UK Small Fiats Club

Run by Enthusiasts FOR Enthusiasts

It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:48 pm 

Drives: Cinquecento s
my latest problem is that when you start the car all is well but after a couple of minutes it will cut out and the injector light will come on. it will easily restart but rev it up a bit and it hunts and feels like it will cut out. i put on a new map sensor but it didnt help also disconnected the battery overnight to reboot the ecu but no change there either. i will put on a new fuel filter and see how that goes.... any suggestions are welcome at the minute as i hate just throwing parts at it.
thanks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:46 am 

Drives: Cinquecento s
today after 3 months i fixed my problems with the car. it turned out to be the TPS Throttle Position Sensor was faulty. So I swapped it for one from my donor car and it was like magic totally transformed the car. I was scared to touch this sensor as Haynes manual and others say it has to be set up using fiat diagnostics but for me it was simply swap it and all was well.
For anyone looking to do this job the sensor is located on the front left of the throttle body and has 2 T20 Torx screws and an electrical connector with 3 wires on it also on that side is the IAC Idle Air Control sensor which i previously removed for cleaning and it was dirty but still working. do not over tighten the TPS or you will damage it. I cant understand what people were on about setting it up as it only has 2 screw holes which have no adjustment on them. There is a spring on the throttle body but I didnt push my luck by interfering with that as I am only an amateur home mechanic and not an expert.
This post is for anyone who is searching in desperation for help like I was on this car. The car is OBD1 and I bought all the gear to plug into the ecu but could not get anywhere with the ecu all I got was "link error" in other words computer says no haha.