Clubcento

Clubcento - The UK Small Fiats Club

Run by Enthusiasts FOR Enthusiasts

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:43 am 

Drives: Cinquecento
Hi I am Jacqui Whitmore and in 2008 I bought Bob my 1994 Fiat Cinquecento. He was all blue until we hit black ice and needed parts to bring him back hence the silver bonnet and passenger wing. I thought I would always have Bob and always be able to find him a part to keep him on the road, but fate has intervened. I have just taken Bob up to Northampton to the local garage where he has been looked after and he has been refused an MOT certificate. The sub frame which is the rear axle is too badly rusted to get through the MOT, other things to note are the brakes are imbalanced but they work and feel fine to me, the riverside repeater isn't working but this is due to loose cables which are fails. The advisories are the hand brake is weak (a Cinquecento quirk) the brake pipe is slightly corroded on the drivers front side and the riverside rear arch has a rust hole and there is a 'fixed' spider crack on the passenger side window. You should also note that he uses a lot of oil and you can see blue smoke in the exhaust, but we did pass the emissions. A copy of the paperwork is available. He has had a new battery, a master cylinder and rear brake shoes, from brake pads and discs in the last 12months. I have replaced the fuel tank, and the cylinder head gasket, handbrake cable amongst others in the almost 8 years I have owned him and has been serviced each year and I have all the paperwork for works carried out. Bob was made in 1994 and he is a just less than 1 litre petrol Cinquecento. I would really like him to go to a new home and have his parts transplanted to keep someone else's Cinquecento going. There are so few parts for these happy cars, so I think it is important not to scrap him. My MOT runs out on 29/11/15 so up until then I would be happy to drive him to you (location dependant) if required. I really don't want to part with Bob as he has been my friend as well as my car, he is known to all my friends and family who always ask how he is doing? This car is well loved and I will miss him. Please find him a new home! I have him advertised as of last night on Gumtree for £199 Make me an offer!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:01 pm 
Advanced

Drives: Cinquecento Trackcar
I live in Southampton and don't see many of them here, my work mate bought a blue 899 two months ago and needs a parcel shelf has yours got one?