Clubcento

Clubcento - The UK Small Fiats Club

Run by Enthusiasts FOR Enthusiasts

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Forum quiet
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:40 pm 
Advanced

Hi everyone, I'm back in the market for a Cinquecento sporting, I was a paid member on here previously but there dosent seem to be many posts now. Is the forum busier in thre paid section?
Thanks Donna

Post subject: Re: Forum quiet
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:19 am 
Advanced

Drives: Cinquecento Trackcar
It is really quiet on here which is a shame as it was good to see other peep's projects.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:04 pm 
Advanced

Drives: BMW 123d M Sport
WOW! My first forum post in well forever and my login still works... amazing!

A lot of forums seem quiet nowadays, I am and have been a member of the Lotus 7 club forum for many years now and that is much quieter than it used to be, the only thing I can really put it down to is the proliferation of different ways for owners of whatever car to communicate now like Facebook, Pistonheads, Owners Club Forums, etc, etc, the thing that strikes me is that the medium that brought us all together is finding ways to separate us all... thanks Mr Internet.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:51 pm 
Advanced

Yes, it's a shame, I think most have moved over to the Facebook pages instead. I'm glad I posted this before sending my money to join though, be as well saving the money if nothing happens on here anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:10 am 
Advanced

Drives: BMW 123d M Sport
Think about rejoining, although there don't seem to be many posts here I think there are still quite a few members generally. Another possible route to take would be to gauge via Facebook how many people on there are members, in the past I've attended various car club events (for vehicles other than Cento's) and felt a bit of an outsider for not being a member and obviously if you make your membership work for you in discounts and the like it could easily pay for itself.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:13 am 
Clubcento President

The forum is quiet these days and some of the reasons for it have been well stated above. The club itself is still active but clearly with fewer members, this is only to be expected as there only 1300 of the original 48000 Cinquecento's left ! Seicento's are still more numerous for obvious reasons but less than half of these are now left.
We are still enjoying a full list of events during the year and the £20 subscription hasn't changed since we started in 1999, by attending events and enjoying the savings and discounts offered by the club the subscription can be more than recouped. Remember, organising events was the reason the club was originally formed.