Clubcento - The UK Small Fiats Club

Run by Enthusiasts FOR Enthusiasts

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Cinquecento help
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:10 pm 

Drives: Cinquecento
Hello all,

Sorry for making my first post a slight cry for help but I am a temporary Cinquecento owner/driver.
I am doing a charity banger rally with the car, which will be modified to look like the Inbetweeners car.

Anyway, the base car is a Cinquecento sporting and is a lovely drive, very smooth, easy gear changes and a nice throaty sound and surprisingly rapid.

There are however a few issues with it, namely there is no handbrake (I have a new cable ready to go on), the adjusters on the passenger light are apparently broken and the passenger front wheel bearing has gone which I'm sure I can manage to fix.
The washer jet motor appears to of packed up, and I am unsure whether these cars have one motor for both jets, or a seperate motor for the rear window?
I can't seem to find the rear motor for sale so I'm hoping its just the one.

Also the seats fitted are Abarth seats, which although comfortable, have caused a big issue with the seat belts no longer stretching across driver or passenger, we aren't small by any means but we fit in the car comfortably and no other cars have this issue, I can get the seat belt to fit but only if the seats are as far back as possible, luckily I'm not taking passengers, are the abarth seats supposed to have custom seat belts?

Lastly, if anyone has a pdf service manual this would help no end as I plan to start working on the car ASAP.

Thanks
Budget.

Post subject: Re: Cinquecento help
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:07 pm 
Chief Engineer

Drives: Panda 100hp
Hi and welcome.

The headlight adjusters do fail. They can be glued back together but to do it properly you do need to take the glass off and reseal it. You could wedge the reflector in place if it was just for a temporary job, for this you won't have to take the glass off.

Washer pumps are available separately. There are two fitted, one for rear and one for front. If you aren't too bothered about having the rear one, swap the pipes and wire over and bob's your uncle.
...assuming the rear one works ok!

Not come across the seat belt issue before. The belts for standard or Abarth should be the same red ones. Have you tried something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-Universal- ... 2c70d701f0

just make sure you get the right fitment.

.....make it idiot proof and someone will build a better idiot.