Clubcento

Clubcento - The UK Small Fiats Club

Run by Enthusiasts FOR Enthusiasts

It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:40 am 
Intermediate

Drives: Cinquecento 1242
Currently de-oranging - the paint was not holding up to being outside...

So the hockey-sticks, radiator grille bit and badge are going satin black (along with the alloys if I can be bothered)

:?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:30 pm 
Chief Engineer

Drives: Panda 100hp
I cheated and used 'leccy tape on my bonnet badge :lol:

.....make it idiot proof and someone will build a better idiot.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:33 am 
Advanced

Drives: Cinquecento 899 sx
fixitagaintomorrow wrote:
I cheated and used 'leccy tape on my bonnet badge :lol:

I did wonder how you done it :lol:

Freddo The 899 Cinquecento Sx
Crunchie the 1108 Seicento Sporting
Flake the 1108 Seicento Sx soliel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:36 pm 
Intermediate

MOAR TINKERING!!!

Painted the slam panel area black, added some LED spots and wired in along with sidelights, all of the orange has now gone black and been joined by the wheels, added a bracket to stop the splitter from caving inwards so much, re-hung exhaust and a few other bits as have the Retro Rides Gathering at Shelsey Walsh hillclimb coming up and I want to take her up the hill and get some cool pics etc :)

^^^ filthy but just progress pics :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:10 pm 
Advanced

Drives: Cinquecento 899 sx
Much better!

Freddo The 899 Cinquecento Sx
Crunchie the 1108 Seicento Sporting
Flake the 1108 Seicento Sx soliel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:26 am 
Intermediate

Long time no speak...

Went Hillclimbing at the retro Rides gathering at the end of August...

Was amazing fun...

Am currently running the car 'as is' over winter, but there are big changes in store for next year...

Have picked some the rarer size of maserati biturbo alloy (6.5 inch width rather than 5.5) which combined with the fact they are et8 not et43 will give me a decent bit of extra width, also have a deeper front bumper which currently looks total poop but trust me I have plans to make it much more subtle and functional (better cooling, brake ducting etc)

there are also some perspex windows being knocked up, new seats, and 2 pallets of other goodies waiting to go on once the drier weather returns next year!

This is the rough idea of what I am aiming at...but with standard shaped wheelarches...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:52 pm 
Advanced

Drives: owns*Mario
Looking forward to seeing the extra mods! Always like this one!

Mario the 1108 Cinquecento Sporting
P677YFR the soon to be 1242 16v Cinquecento Sporting

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:20 pm 
Intermediate

New Years resolution...

Pull my finger out and finish the car!

I have nearly 3 pallets of stuff waiting to go on this now, it is just always being used!

In the meantime...1st job of the year was to split up my spare inlet mani and throttle body into this...

As there is a guy on Fiat Forum who then works his magic, machines and sleeves to give you this...

a 40 (rather than 30) mm throttle body...nice!

I tried the bumper on and although I like it from the front, it looks so ridiculous from the side that I just can't fit it until I also have skirts of some kind, its like 6" deeper than anything else on the car, in profile...so I'll put that on the back burner.

In better news, I tried on a Maserati rim as I got them out to prep...and my seat arrived...remarkably comfy for a plastic chair haha.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:56 am 
Intermediate

OK - I keep buying more things and not fitting them lol...

I did do the radiator and thermostat...

I have now procured a nice punto 75 camshaft, a stainless 4-2-1 manifold, a voltmeter, nice new harness and pads and a few other bits...

My custom throttle body turned up and is a thing of beauty, forgot to get pics tho...

The wheels are ready for tyres too (195/45/14 Uniroyal Rainsport 2's), should do that today, I'm sure I will get all of the hate for painting such rare wheels, but I want black ones! sorry, mr Maserati...

Wheels and seat / harness should be on / in by next week :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:04 pm 
Intermediate

Awful pics, and i could have made it look a lot prettier, but its functional, so whilst I find a larger palio bob to pop on top my throttle body (and because i had my Dremel handy) I made a 50mm (from 38ish) inlet 899 bob complete with power bulge lol ;)

I am sure the overall volume of the bob could do with being increased but this has at least removed the obvious size restriction of an intake hole smaller than the throttle butterfly...

also...pick them up later :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:21 am 
Website co-ordinator

Drives: Cinquecento and Punto
Love the wheels! I have a similar looking front bumper with the wider spaced fogs (compared to the Abarth), which should give better cooling than the Abarth bumper.

Follow my adventures - http://blog.kevinmace.co.uk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:49 pm 
Advanced

Drives: Seicento Sporting
black wheels are the marmite of the forum :D

I love em

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:56 am 
Advanced

Drives: Cinquecento Trackcar
Loving the mods and that from bumper used to be my mates, did you get it from a guy in Southampton?
Only one word of advice don't make your windows out of perspex get them made out of polycarbonate because if you do have a hard impact perspex shatters like glass and and you don't want that flying about and wouldn't be allowed into events.
Polycarbs is the safest plastic as it flexes and its stronger to have and it doesn't shatter I just don't want to see you do what I did, I had the all three windows made up at my old work made out of perspex and found out is was not the way to go so they were scrapped.
The company I used were great and here is the site www.templarperformance.co.uk and I got him to do all five windows.
Great car build and I am loving wheels you have got there looking fprawrd too new pictures of your build.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:52 am 
Intermediate

Charlie T wrote:
Loving the mods and that from bumper used to be my mates, did you get it from a guy in Southampton?
Only one word of advice don't make your windows out of perspex get them made out of polycarbonate because if you do have a hard impact perspex shatters like glass and and you don't want that flying about and wouldn't be allowed into events.
Polycarbs is the safest plastic as it flexes and its stronger to have and it doesn't shatter I just don't want to see you do what I did, I had the all three windows made up at my old work made out of perspex and found out is was not the way to go so they were scrapped.
The company I used were great and here is the site http://www.templarperformance.co.uk and I got him to do all five windows.
Great car build and I am loving wheels you have got there looking fprawrd too new pictures of your build.

Cheers dude I love the 2 lots of advice on 2 forums ;) I am not sure on the windows yet - thats a phase 2 kinda thing...

Anyway for those few who frequent this forum have an update - for those who will have seen it elsewhere already - tough ;)

Progress has been made, but it's in a bit of a grim, unwashed, broken state so just a few, awful poorly lit pictures to give you the rough idea!

Currently driving my dads 5 door corsa B - I actually learnt to drive in it nearly 15 years ago (old!) and it's bloody awful - but doing me a favour and it will make the Cinquecento feel like a rocketship when I get it going again!!! (makes me realise how nippy it is for a 1.2 when driving a 'normal' 1.2 corsa - with 8 more valves too)

Right - so - currently tucked up at work...here's a moody pic - I think I was having an off day and had basically just painted the tow-eye red then got bored lol...

Then like I say not much oin the way of pics but have a few before and afters, I will get some detailed pics once it's done and clean...

My bedroom stash of tarty bits and throttle body, didn't realise how much I had accumulated...

Bonnet had been raised by the previous owner as he was having clearance issues with the taller engine / airbox combo ... but the hinges are still primer which annoys me - so these will be painted...

This also annoys me - big 3 way crank breather used to run to a (now blanked) point on the airbox, so is long, annoying and clatters against the strut brace - so chopped and joined in a shorter route, and will make up a nicer hose to replace entirely when I change the TB to my larger one...

Before (the hose that runs along the brace) :

New Route (temp hose tho) :

Then stripped out the carpet annoying moulded peice that runs along the bulkhead and covers the blower motor etc - it just is ugly and tatty and annoying...

But that leaves the blower motor exposed to suck in water or chunks of exploding engine etc so mocked up a cover to make out of ally...

Then got onto the bodywork - my new wheels and mega chunky sticky tyres were hitting everything, all the time, and although they seemed to grip fantastically at 6mph, any faster and I'd get scrub!

My plan all along had been a Kanjo-esque / tough looking car, and this one has long been my inspiration - the spaced front wings especially...

So I decided to try spaced wings on the Cinquecento - now - I am really happy with how they look, apart from the obvious panel gap at the rear, from the front it is one of those mods that you cant really see, as the front bolt and therefore the gap to the indicator still (just) pulled back to its original position, but the wing is then 30mm outboard, and nicely bulgey and awesome looking (finished pics will show really, these dont - it needs a side by side to demonstrate) for the mo just have a before and after from above...

(to space I used a spacer and longer bolt between the inner arch and the wing support rod, and at the rear redrilled and spaced the hole at the base of the wing)

Before:

After:

Rear arches - I attempted these and messed one up in a rush - so this time used more bravery, a larger hammer and just went mad - rolled and flared approx 1 inch, well happy...

Before:

After:

The rear bumper mounts were also trimmed off - these won't be needed anymore - some kind of quick release will be happening, fronts were trimmed back but not removed to make room for wheels etc...

That's about it for now, there are a load of other jobs going on here and there - but should start coming back together quite quickly now, with the new seat in, and harness, some tarty bits and vinyl outside - then MoT - see what it needs...

Then the engine work begins - no emissions worries for a year!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:00 am 
Advanced

Drives: Cinquecento Trackcar
That looks great and spacing the wings is different does the door hit on the wings at all? Love the wheels and its good to see someone has gone for a Sparco top brace (Sparco nut that I am) great pics and all new stuff to get on there 10/10 mate.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next