Clubcento

Clubcento - The UK Small Fiats Club

Run by Enthusiasts FOR Enthusiasts

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:49 pm 
Intermediate

Drives: Cinquecento
Cheers all. Charlie it doesn't compare to your awesome build hopefully we will get them both out around coombe next year?

I have considered making them I might get some sheet in and make some up your probably about the 3rd or 4th person asking me to make one for them and I might get a batch of bumper brackets made up and maybe on arm arb brackets at the front the ones that have the bolts snapped off in them. I'll probably start a post somewhere to see what's viable.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:36 pm 
Advanced

Drives: Cinquecento 899 sx
is it ok to get rid of the lift up reverse?

Freddo The 899 Cinquecento Sx
Crunchie the 1108 Seicento Sporting
Flake the 1108 Seicento Sx soliel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:46 pm 
Intermediate

craigdmjv wrote:
is it ok to get rid of the lift up reverse?

Yep it's fine just don't go into reverse by mistake when moving that's all the reverse dente is for

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:49 pm 
Advanced

Drives: Cinquecento 899 sx
i got told it can mess up going into 5th :D

Freddo The 899 Cinquecento Sx
Crunchie the 1108 Seicento Sporting
Flake the 1108 Seicento Sx soliel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:53 pm 
Chief Engineer

Drives: Panda 100hp
It can indeed - reverse is further over to the right than 5th so you can have issues finding it without the inhibitor cable - you miss the little 'stop' before you push it north. Try pulling up the collar on the stick while going for 5th and see.

.....make it idiot proof and someone will build a better idiot.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:38 pm 
Advanced

Drives: Cinquecento Trackcar
The black box wrote:
Cheers all. Charlie it doesn't compare to your awesome build hopefully we will get them both out around coombe next year?

I have considered making them I might get some sheet in and make some up your probably about the 3rd or 4th person asking me to make one for them and I might get a batch of bumper brackets made up and maybe on arm arb brackets at the front the ones that have the bolts snapped off in them. I'll probably start a post somewhere to see what's viable.

Thank you for you kind comment about PEX but it is great to see what you are doing with your car and you have good attention to detail.
That sounds good to me if we can go to Combe and also get some snaps of the cars together.

If you do think about making and selling some of those shifters, put me down for one :D it looks ace and the best one I have seen so or on any Cinquecento.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:51 pm 
Intermediate

Charlie T wrote:
Thank you for you kind comment about PEX but it is great to see what you are doing with your car and you have good attention to detail.
That sounds good to me if we can go to Combe and also get some snaps of the cars together.

If you do think about making and selling some of those shifters, put me down for one :D it looks ace and the best one I have seen so or on any Cinquecento.

Yep all being well I'll be at all shows next year think the first is Bristol Italian auto moto. Be great to get some snaps especially around Combe the photographer seems pretty good up there. Yep I will do have to price it all up etc to see what's what when I get 5. I've seen some where the box under the car goes inside but I wanted something a bit shinier/showy have to see how it works out. Next up I'm tempted by a vertical handbrake not sure how it'll work out, if it's practical something I want to have a play with after seeing the ones in Morgans.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:20 pm 

Drives: Seicento
Hi guys I am new here and I would like to where can I find the actual gear shifter assembly (meaning the actual bottom ball holder ) because I have a seicento and it's plastic and this one look ally . great job by the way loving the gear stick setup..