Clubcento

Clubcento - The UK Small Fiats Club

Run by Enthusiasts FOR Enthusiasts

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:01 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:33 pm 

Drives: Fiat Uno
I have a 1994 Fiat Uno and was looking for an old Fiat with similar running gear to break for spares etc. I came across a listing on eBay for a Fiat Seicento Sporting. From the pics she looked rather miserable with lacquer peel, damage to passenger side front wing, leaking oil, the sunroof taped shut and the whole roof covered in black vinyl (I'm assuming to hide all the lacquer peel). There was also a terrible smell once the engine warmed up, like something had died in the engine bay. I couldn't identify what it was but there was white hairs and "juicy bits" all over :roll: Anyway, I got her home and just didn't have the heart to break her and have decided to restore her and get her back on the road instead.

After today's rain the windows were steamed up and I noticed a feint outline from an old sticker in the rear windows - http://www.clubcento.co.uk. I thought I'd post up in case an old owner was curious at to her fate. I figure many of you, like myself, are interested in these kinds of things so here are. Pictures make the car look better than it was.

Issues that require attention:
Paint - Lacquer peel on front and rear bumpers, bonnet and tailgate - and someone has sanded patches down to the primer.
Mechanical - Rocker cover leaking oil badly
Sunroof - Leaking (large puddles on passenger carpet in the front and rear of the seat)

I'll post pics and update my progress as I go along :D

Attachments:
seicento2.jpg
seicento2.jpg [ 323.49 KiB | Viewed 472 times ]
seicento1.jpg
seicento1.jpg [ 328.34 KiB | Viewed 472 times ]