Clubcento

Clubcento - The UK Small Fiats Club

Run by Enthusiasts FOR Enthusiasts

It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:08 pm 

Drives: Cinquecento
Hi all, I'm Scrumps, owner of a poorly little pink R reg Fiat Cinquecento, lovingly known as my little Peppa Pig :pig: Now please don't hate me, I do nothing other than drive to and from work/supermarket in my little Peppa and wouldn't describe myself as an enthusiast at all. However, I love my little Peppa dearly and need help to save her little life and my almost non existent bank balance!!
She recently needed a little work done to get through the MOT, the rear parking brake binding and near side brake pipe was excessively corroded. These were fixed and she passed the MOT (and I nearly passed out at the bill of £140 plus the 50 odd quid for the MOT :? ). So I was driving to and from work (2 miles away) for 5 days and on the way home she felt very sluggish and the fuel distribution warning light came on. I called in at the supermarket on the way home and when I came out I approached the exit roundabout, braked, and the engine died. I restarted her and thought maybe I musta stalled her somehow. I drove the few hundred yards before my next turning, took my foot off the gas to brake and change down into second gear ready for the turn and the engine died again. And again after pulling into my car park. All the time the fuel distribution light was on. (Its constantly on now). A few friends suggested it may need a service and a new fuel filter, so I managed to get it to my usual mechanic, with the engine cutting out every time I took my foot off the gas. His diagnostic computer is apparently too new to recognise my car and he thinks it could be a job for Fiat. He's given her a complete service, replacing all plugs, oil & fuel filters, oil etc which has cost me another £120 but it has made no difference. I phoned round a few local garages and may have found one with the right diagnostic software for Peppa and I'm taking her there in the morning. I was just wondering if any of you experts out there might have any idea what might be causing this, or if any of you have experienced the same. I'm due to tax her in 9 days time and I don't really wanna fork out the tax if she is on her way to Fiat heaven. Any help would be very much appreciated xxxxxxxx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:38 am 
Chief Engineer

Drives: Panda 100hp
Hi and welcome. You need to get the fault codes read to find out, if you're anywhere near Teesside I can help. I can guess at a few things but it really is only guessing from over here.

Has it been using any water?

.....make it idiot proof and someone will build a better idiot.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:45 pm 

Hi Pete, many thanks for your reply. The codes were read today and it showed that the fault was the MAP sensor, so it has been replaced and is now running like a dream!! Its cost me a total of £350 to get her through the MOT and to get this fixed but Peppa lives to ride another day :lol: No unfortunately I'm not anywhere near Teeside, I'm in South Shropshire so can't even call on you if anything else goes wrong :( xxxxxxxxxxx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:47 am 
Chief Engineer

Drives: Panda 100hp
Glad to hear it's fixed.

There's always the forum to come back to if you need advice :D

.....make it idiot proof and someone will build a better idiot.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:48 pm 

I certainly will do, thank you :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:28 pm 
Clubcento Chairman

Welcome to the forum and glad to hear that Peppa is back on track and running right again :pig: