Clubcento

Clubcento - The UK Small Fiats Club

Run by Enthusiasts FOR Enthusiasts

It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:59 pm 
Membership secretary

Drives: Cinquecento Abarth 1242
Ive not ran the canister for years as i removed it to make way for an oil cooler.

Anyway, this morning injector light came on and seemed to be lacking a little so i had a quick nosey around and noticed that where ive got the solenoid mounted there seemed to be fuel seeping from pipe that comes from the tank and when i removed the pipe that goes to the tb from the solenoid that had fuel in it too.
Is this normal? Ive never had an issue before with having the fuel lines connected to the solenoid in the last 5 years and 400000 ish miles.

Also to add the fuel lines are connected the right way round but could the little pressure valve in the fuel neck be playing up causing it to over pressurise the tank?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:19 pm 
Chief Engineer

Drives: Panda 100hp
You may get a little condensation in this line over time if there is no flow through it, as there would normally be fuel vapour there. I'd drain it down and see how things go.

Are the ends of the blue lines sealed ok?

..and yes, if the 2 way valve on the filler neck is playing up you can get extra pressure.

.....make it idiot proof and someone will build a better idiot.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:40 am 
Membership secretary

Drives: Cinquecento Abarth 1242
fixitagaintomorrow wrote:
You may get a little condensation in this line over time if there is no flow through it, as there would normally be fuel vapour there. I'd drain it down and see how things go.

Are the ends of the blue lines sealed ok?

..and yes, if the 2 way valve on the filler neck is playing up you can get extra pressure.

Both ends are blocked off now and ive disconnected the valve and it seems to run much better and the injector light is staying off all the time even when i give it a boot full from low revs which its not done for a long time.

Im going to change the filler neck when the fuel level drops a bit more and see if that fixes it as it has on the odd occasion spat fuel at me when ive removed the cap.

Fingers99 suggested the same thing on FF with the 2 way valve so i think this maybe the way forward